A leading London conference organiser that specialises in connecting management audiences to business-critical information.
Metatistics were asked to look at their delegate marketing function and digital offering. The brief was to increase the number of registered delegates for their healthcare conference.
Here’s how metatistics helped this client to increase delegate acquisition
Email Marketing Strategy
- Carried out an extensive audit of their email marketing infrastructure which included profiling existing marketing lists, identifying gaps and sourcing new prospect data.
- Built a bespoke email broadcast platform to be used exclusively for the clients healthcare conferences.
- Developed an email marketing strategy that maximised delivery into a notoriously difficult network.
- Created the following email sequences:
- Welcome sequence for a new subscriber or lead to an email list
- Welcome sequence for new customer (onboarding)
- Delegate acquisition
- Reactivation of delegate who lost engagement
- Abandoned purchase follow-up emails
- We took the event’s original landing pages from a sub-directory on the event organisers main corporate website to a dedicated URL of it’s own
- Using the new event URL we developed a series of individual event micro sites to provide an easy to understand interface for delegates looking to register at specific event locations
- We rolled out a sector specific news website in order to generate additional web traffic which was used as a funnel to direct users to the event microsites
- We implemented and developed a clear keyword strategy to help the series of events to be found more easily for relevant search terms on Google
- We overhauled the visual appearance of the event series to develop a brand which was instantly recognisable within it’s sector by potential delegates.
Key Performance Statistics
- The average number of registered delegates increased by approximately 500%
- The success of the email marketing strategy allowed the organiser to launch 4 additional regional conferences at strategic locations across the UK
- The increase in the number of delegates and availability of marketing emails allowed the conference organiser to launch a dedicated sector news hub
- The series of events is now the largest of its kind within its sector in the UK
N.B. These statistics are taken from internal sales figures and clearly demonstrate how a targeted delegate acquisition strategy can increase event registrations.